September BLC Meeting- In Person at agInnovation 2023 meeting in Grand Rapids.
- Welcome – Anton
- Approval of the August meeting notes
- Charge from incoming agInnovation Chair-George Smith
- Discussion with LBA and possible questions/topics for starting discussions- Elizabeth
- In what ways does the agInnovation BLC currently bring value to LBA and what other ways can we bring value to LBA?
- What should the BLC ask for/expect from its relationship with LBA? What is reasonable? What goes outside the scope?
- What should be areas of focus on which we haven’t focused in the past? What does LBA/APLU mean when they talk about a broader portfolio beyond “ag”?
- Many AESs focus energy on working with state legislatures. While many of these vary based on each state, how can those state-focused strategies be better incorporated into developing a national strategy, and vice versa?
- How do we strategically connect foci/strengths of different universities into a united and integrated national picture?
- To what extent should professional societies be leveraged to more a national vision forward?
- Other business
August Meeting Minutes BLC_min_20230822